La web original de MadTeam, online desde 1997
Entrar | Registrate
MadTeam > Foros de Montaña y Grupos > Mountain Bike > mountain biking geekery/hacking

Mountain Bike

volver al indice del foro.

Thursday 5 july 2018 - 11:03:11

mountain biking geekery/hacking

Hello,

I read somewhere that geek types surprisingly tend to also be the outdoors / exercising types. This is in direct contrast to our white and pasty basement dwelling stereotype. Pretty sure the article was on Wired, which is a well read and respected publication. It's science. So, fellow non-pasty exercise geek types, how do you prefer to get your endorphine rush? Personally, I'm into mountain biking. True to the hacker norm, I bought something cheap and barely adequate and I'm in the process of steadily upgrading it to badass. Here's a run-down on my two-wheeled adventure machine: Starting point: Mongoose Theory - it's a craptastic bike that I bought on Amazon for $ 250, shipped. Very basic full suspension and front disc brakes. The forks had a whopping 50mm of travel, no adjustment, and the front caliper was not even assembled when I got it. My first ride out I split one of the gears on the rear cassette (cheapo stamped chinese steel), Mongoose replaced it for free. Two months later I kicked a stick up into the rear wings which swung around, ran through the chain, and snapped my deraillure, Mongoose also replaced that for free. The shoddy stock wheels have taken such a beating that they're no longer able to be straightened. This is all in 4 months of riding.

For more you can check: -

Si quieres abrir una conversación nueva entra  aqui 

volver al indice del foro.

Estas en la Versión web | cambiar a versión para dispositivos móviles

Contactar con Administrador Madteam.net (David Oliveras) (este NO es el contacto del club exc. madteam)

© David Oliveras 1997 - 2024 Licencia de Creative Commons | Nota Legal | Política de cookies | BLOG

Este sitio web utiliza cookies propias y de terceros para asegurarte una mejor experiencia. Al usar nuestro servicio, aceptas el uso de las mismas. Pulsa para ver más información sobre las cookies
Este sitio web utiliza cookies propias y de terceros para asegurarte una mejor experiencia. Al usar nuestro servicio, aceptas el uso de las mismas. Pulsa para ver más información sobre las cookies